Good, Good Father


Good, Good Father
Everything good comes from God. Every perfect gift is from him. These good gifts come down from the Father who made all the lights in the sky. But God never changes like the shadows from those lights. He is always the same. James 1:17  (ERV)
Happy Father’s Day. This day hasn’t always been a day of praise for me, but it sure is today.  I am beyond blessed to be raising a little girl who has the best daddy.  He lights up when he walks in the door and lays on the floor to play with her before he does a single other thing.  He knows the words to every toddler song and our house is full of so much singing.  The two of them sit and read stacks of books over and over.  He is a  laughing, playing, silly kind of daddy who delights in that girl of his and is beyond proud to be her dad.  He is also a great stepdad who has built such a strong relationship with Leah.  Luke was going into his senior year when we got married so they haven’t spent much time together, but Mark and has been a much needed role-model for Luke and someone he looks up to him. Without complaint, Mark is also helping support Luke through college, probably not something he envisioned just a few years back.

My older kids have a good relationship with their dad too and he is in place where he has been more supportive of them in the last year or two and for that I am also thankful.

I don’t have a good dad of my own, but God has gifted me peace in my decision to not have a relationship with him. My perceptions of my earthly dad, critical, hard, mean, untrustworthy, and temperamental, do not carry over to how I feel about God as my Father.   What a miracle it is that those feelings are not a roadblock to knowing God can be pleased with me, is always there, and is someone I can turn to in trouble, and loves me as I am, not as I should be.

I hope it is a happy day for all of you too.  I hope you have great earthly fathers to thank and share your love with. I pray you feel the love and blessing in having a good, good Father in heaven who whispers His love to you and tells you he is pleased.  Feel his abounding peace as he calls us deeper in a relationship with him through a life led by the Spirit.

 

These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10  (NIV)

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. Psalm 68:5(NIV)-




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little By Little

God's power

God wants you to be holy