More Than You'll Ever Know


“He’s the one who comforts us in all our trouble so that we can comfort other people who are in every kind of trouble. We offer the same comfort that we ourselves received from God.”  2 Corinthians 1:4(CEB)


If I have ever made you feel left out-I am SO sorry. We can do this by accident and never even realize it, but when we feel left out, it stings and we spend days thinking about it.  


This has been a little harder week with Maycee.  We have gotten to the point in summer where she’s a little tired of our routine.  Softball is finished so we are transitioning to even more time with just the two of us.  I realized that she needed a playdate.  Trouble is, I don’t have many friends with kids her age.


I am part of a toddler mom group on Facebook and throughout the winter I would get updates on places they were meeting in Ames for the kids to play.  The times didn’t work for me because of work, but one Tuesday over Christmas break, I saw that they were meeting at Chick-Fil-A.  Leah and I were going to go to Ames anyway so I decided we could check out this group while we were having lunch at another table.  These mamas were young and I had to laugh at myself for another thing I didn’t consider when I decided to have a baby at 41!  Do they have an old moms of toddlers group on Facebook?  That might be a better fit.


I have been friendly with a few neighbors on our street, but it hasn’t morphed into friendships or even regular interactions. Earlier this week we were sitting on our front porch and I noticed a few moms driving over to the neighbor’s house for a playdate and my inner junior high girl hurt!  I hurt for myself for wondering why there hasn’t been much of a connection there.  I get that just happens sometimes, but  it still hurts.  I also hurt for Maycee because I know she would just love it!  I’m older than these moms and my life is different from theirs, but I also start to wonder what else it is about me that might be wrong.


Coincidentally, I started a book on women’s friendships this week called Never Unfriended.  I am just starting it, but it suggests that when you feel left out of an inner circle, not to dwell on it.  Instead, consider the inner circles that you are already a part of that you aren’t even aware of.  She also says to quit dwelling on yourself and reach out to someone else!  

“He’s the one who comforts us in all our trouble so that we can comfort other people who are in every kind of trouble. We offer the same comfort that we ourselves received from God.”  2 Corinthians 1:4(CEB)

This verse is a call to action. The small hurt that I going through brings a greater awareness of the hurts of others.  I need to seek out women who may be feeling lonely because I am reminded of how that feels.  Not only that, I need to do a better job of reaching out to the friends I already have and appreciating  the blessing of the inner circles I am part of.  Today I thank God for the friendships that He has brought into my life and I ask that He help me to be the kind of friend that is there for others when they need me.  I pray my friends know they are loved by me, but more importantly, I hope they feel the power of God’s love for them.



Something brought you to my mind today
I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh
And yet I feel like it's okay to cry with you
Something about just being with you
When I leave I feel like I've been near God
And that's the way it ought to be, yeah
'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you've spoken the truth over my life
And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life
More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah
More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah


 

Luke 6:31New International Version (NIV)

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little By Little

God's power

God wants you to be holy